Corey practices civil and criminal litigation and trial law at GTN. He has experience representing clients at the trial and appellate levels in a wide array of legal matters, such as breach of contract, property disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, general negligence, UAV (drone) law, government investigations, and more.
While in law school at the University of Pittsburgh, Corey clerked at the United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Pennsylvania and acted as a student attorney for the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office. Upon graduation, he received the prestigious William H. Eckert Prize for superior upper-level legal research and writing and received top honors in the Pitt Law Securities Arbitration Clinic, Advanced Trial Evidence, and Criminal Defense and Prosecutorial Ethics Seminar. Corey also was a finalist in the American Bar Association's national mock trial competition.
After graduating, he was an Associate at a prominent criminal defense firm with a national practice and later transitioned into civil litigation. Corey continues to build a strong track record of courtroom success in trials and arbitrations and has been published on multiple legal topics both locally and nationally.
Corey believes in taking a client-focused approach to his work no matter what the case may be about. He understands that each case means everything to the client that hired him, and he strives to make the legal process less stressful and daunting. When he isn't practicing law, you can find him on the hiking trail, camping, or reading.
A few of his most recent accomplishments include:
- Tried the first Pennsylvania drone-related jury trial to a verdict of acquittal on all 15 felonies and misdemeanors
- Represented a client in an FAA investigation resulting in the dismissal of the investigation
- Tried a whiplash personal injury case in arbitration and received a verdict 450% higher than the settlement offered by Defendants
- Named in Philadelphia Magazine as a Top Attorney - Rising Star
- Selected as a Super Lawyer-Rising Star by Thomson Reuters 2020 & 2021
- Selected by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer in Pennsylvania
- Litigation and Trial
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- University of Pittsburgh Title IX Advisor
- The American Bar Association
- Forum on Air and Space Law: Drone Committee Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA)
- Education Committee
- Young Lawyer Division Council Member
- Litigation Section
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Drone Crimes: A New Frontier in Criminal Defense, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, The Champion Magazine, (November 2020 Issue)
How the Coronavirus Affects Contracts With Force Majeure Clauses in Pennsylvania Courts, Allegheny County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Point of Law (Summer Issue 2020)
The New Road to Municipal Workplace Safety, The Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association, The Authority Magazine, Co-Author (Volume 51, Number 1, February 2020).
What You Need to Know About Pennsylvania Drone Crimes, The Pennsylvania Bar Association, The Pennsylvania Lawyer Magazine (March/April Issue 2020).
Peeping Drones: Uncertainty in the UAV World After ACT 78, Allegheny County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Point of Law (Summer Issue 2019).
The Law's Blind Eye Toward Injustice: Why Lawyers Sometimes Allow Wrongful Convictions, Allegheny County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Point of Law (Winter Issue 2019).
A Night at The Science Center: Criminal Procedure for the Non-Criminal Lawyer, The Allegheny County Bar Association – YLD, Pittsburgh, PA (February 28th, 2020)(ABA Award Winner)
Drone Laws: The Imminent Quandary, The American Academy of Forensic Sciences Annual Scientific Meeting, Anaheim, CA (February 21st, 2020)
Constitutional Rights in the Digital Age: Is There an App for That?, The Allegheny County Bar Association – YLD, Pittsburgh, PA (August 29th, 2019)
Email: [email protected]